Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
Throughout years 7 to 11 students will be provided with education and support in enabling them to become successful in the world of work, supported in making post 16 choices and given advice about future careers.
We aim to:
- Empower young people to plan and manage their futures to enable them to progress to the next level of education or training.
- Provide comprehensive, impartial information, advice and guidance
- Raise aspirations and provide opportunity
- Actively promote equality of opportunity and challenge stereotypes
To achieve this students will:
- Access modules in careers and life skill education
- Access career events provided by volunteers from a variety of industries and careers
- Be provided with support, advice and direction in applying for post 16 options
- Be provided with access to careers advice
- Gain interview skills, through a programme and access a mock interview with feedback from career volunteers
- Have access to a post 16 event attended by post 16 providers in the Leicestershire area
- Have the opportunity to attend World of Work (WOW) days in aspirational industries
- Have to opportunity and be supported in taking part in a 2 week work experience programme