South Wigston High School is an 11-16 mixed comprehensive with 850 students currently on roll (as of September 2015). Students are admitted to the school from the age of 11+ with an Admissions Number of 160 in Year 7 for September 2017.
The school’s admission arrangements are managed by Leicestershire County Council. Information forms can be completed online at www.leics.gov.uk/admissions.
The online process begins on September 1st each year with a closing date for applications of 31st October. Parents will be notified of school places in early March of the following year.
In order to help you make this crucial decision South Wigston High School supports parents/carers in the following ways:
- The school visits our three feeder primary schools to build up links throughout the year prior to students beginning their education at the school.
- Parents/students are invited to an Open Evening in September each year allowing prospective parents/students to visit the school and talk to our staff.
- An information pack is given to all prospective parents.
- The school has three Induction Days in the summer term. These provide a taste of life at South Wigston High School before the summer holidays so that students can gain confidence and feel ready to start with us in September.
- Tours of the school can be arranged throughout the year on request.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the application/admissions process then please contact : Stuart Collison at South Wigston High School (0116 2782388).
(Affecting mid-term transfers from August 2017 onwards and Secondary transfers for entry in September.)Admissions Policy 2016/17